Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Propeller On OPERA

My Propeller is now transmitting using "OPERA", and have received a few initial report, see Julian-G4ILO's blog. Thanks Julian.

More information is available at the Opera Yahoo group .

I plan to fold the QRSS and OPERA Code together into one Operating System with multi-Modes. For now I am running Julian's code with my CALL inserted. It took a while for me to figure out how to do that, and more details will follow.

My OPERA Reports in Red
OPERA is a little like "WSPR" but it was designed for the "CW" crowed, it is reported to work at weak signal levels than WSPR.

This operating mode from QRSS to OPERA was easy, because (most) everything is in software.

I think we need a few new term: "SDT" = Software Defined Transmitter, and "SDX" for Software Defined Transceiver.

Note: I am using the OPERA PC software (see above) just to receive my reports vis the Internet, the Propeller is doing the transmitting without the aid of the PC.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment