Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A New 30m Vertical

As promised (see previous post), I have started building a second free standing 1/4 wave 30m Vertical Antenna, for my QRSS Grabber Receiver, which will be installed at the new Web Server Data Centre.

The antenna will be constructed similar to my old Hustler 4-BTV Multi Band Antenna and will be mounted on a stake driven into the ground.


The Blank - 24 x 4 Inches


Machined and Cut
The half cut scored lines will help make the folds easy


Folded, Welded, Painted and U-Bolts Installed


Ready for Insulators
(humm, . . Now that I posted the photo, it looks upside down? -  but you get the idea)

Now, I will machine the Insulators from some Hard Plastic.

-

1 comment:

  1. The Hustler 4-BTV is a four-band, trap vertical antenna that provides an omni directional pattern. The 4-BTV is designed as a self-supporting vertical to give optimum operation in the 10, 15, 20 and 40 meter bands.

    ReplyDelete